Selling your home can be a stressful and daunting prospect. At LIFEstyle by ENGIE we understand many of the issues that can crop up in the selling process. We want our customers to have a worry-free journey whilst moving into their dream home, that’s why we developed our Assisted Sales Scheme.
Our lovely staff will reserve your choice of plot on one of our developments for up to 8 weeks, whilst we place your property on the market. And, we’ll oversee the selling process – so you don’t have to.
Whilst we work on sale of your property, all we ask is you ensure your home is as presentable as possible. Follow our tips and tricks for a quick and easy sale, to be in your new home in no time:
- First impressions count. If you have animals or are a smoker ensure there are no smells lingering around. Even if neither of those apply to you it’s a nice touch to have some pleasant smells circulating, consider baking some fresh bread, brewing some coffee or placing some fresh flowers in each room.
- No clutter is key. Some of us are partial to a bit of hoarding, but what’s not pretty is other people’s hoarding. Have a clear out, it’ll help you when you come to moving but also make your home much more appealing. Think minimalistic, or at the very least, tidy.
- Too much personality. Your individuality may not be to everyone else’s, so while it may be a pain giving bold walls a lick of paint it may add to your selling price. It’s best to go for a blank canvas, this way it allows others to imagine their belongings in the house with things to their taste.
- Define each room. Whether it’s bay windows, sliding doors, spaciousness, cosiness or being light and airy, every room has its highlight or purpose, so make the most of it. Opening windows and doors on a nice summer’s day or lighting candles and the fire in the winter will help people imagine themselves living there.
- The great outdoors. Gardens can really increase the value of your property, but what won’t is an overgrown jungle which will equate to more hassle than it’s worth for the buyer. Keep it simple, whilst sophisticated gardens will wow, they may seem like too much upkeep for some.